Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Spring and Summer Frocks from Miss Lyndel Yeo

Well I have to say I love these designs and I've been hankering for my own ever since I was lucky enough to get my first glimpse! Miss Lyndel Yeo is designed by Melbourne based Lyndel Yeo. Following a successful launch as a finalist at the Mercedes Benz Start Up parade in Melbourne in 2005, this unique fashion label has been going full-steam ahead. Winning the 2005 'Designer of the Year' at the Federation Square fashion showcase was just the beginning. Since the inaugural collection in 2005 this fiercely feminine fashion has gained a number of avid fans and continually succeeds in producing compellingly unique frocks that women love.

The label is described as a combination of "Tokyo Street Chic and School Girl Innocence". The words that came to my mind when I first clapped eyes on this season's frocks are "cute, cute, cute"! These gorgeous dresses have quirky details and I love the reversible options. The Spring 2008 frocks bring together a limited edition range of soft silks with oriental prints; combining bold colour and dramatic cuts. Being from a Melbourne based designer, the obvious destination to wear a frock like this is none other than the Melbourne Cup. If the Spring Races are high on your social calendar, then the cute Rose fascinators are the perfect complement for just such a destination!

Here is just a taste of what to expect for spring 2008 at Miss Lyndel Yeo:

Earth Dress

Wrap Top


Silk Tie Dress


Silk Cloud 9 Dress

Reversible Earth Dress

Silk One Frill Dress


The Miss Lyndel Yeo range is available from selected boutiques in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. For those in other states or overseas visit http://www.misslyndelyeo.com/ to view the collection and purchase your own MLY frock online.

1 comment:

Cool Papa said...

I like a woman wearing and Earth Dress, the style is so feminine. Take the jeans off every now and then and put one of these on!